Answered By: Catherine Dean Last Updated: Mar 03, 2023 Views: 3
Linking the John F. Moss Library to Google Scholar
Add up to five libraries to your Google Scholar settings.
1. Log in to your Google profile.
2. Access your Google Scholar settings.
3. Select "Library links" from the menu.
4. Type 'Texas A&M University-Texarkana' in the search bar. Results will be selected below the search bar.
5. Save your settings.
6. Identify an article in Google Scholar.
7. When you click on a link to access the resource, your institution should be recognized.
8. You will still need to prove that you are affiliated with this institution to gain access. You may complete the campus authentication process or you may be emailed a link to your campus email address to verify your identity.
You should now be able to access articles through Texas A&M University-Texarkana via the authentication process.
Locating Known Items in the Library Catalog (WorldCat Discovery)
- Look up the item in WorldCat Discovery (the library catalog). We may have access, but for some reason that database isn’t “recognizing” us when we link from Google Scholar.
- It may be easiest to do this from the Advanced Search page.
- Copy and paste the title into the Title search field.
- And copy and paste at least one author into the Author search field.
- You may have to modify your search or add additional rows to locate the correct result.
- If we have access to the article through one of our subscriptions, you will see the 'View Full Text' button.
- If we do not have access to it, you should see a 'Request Item through ILL' option.
- Information about the resource should automatically populate into this form. You will just need to enter your contact information and date needed.
Submitting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Request with a Known Item
InterLibrary Loan (ILL) allows us to put a request out to other libraries who have a resource to see if they are willing to share it with us. They will either send a PDF copy of an article or chapter or send a book or resource in the mail, which you can pick up from the library when it arrives.
- If you cannot locate the exact item, you may request it through the Blank ILL form.
- Copy and paste information about the resource into the required fields (Title, Author, Date)
- If you can identify additional information, like an ISSN for the journal or journal title, that will help us identify it.
- Supply the additional required information:
- Service Type: Selecting ‘Loan’ Means they will mail the book to you. Selecting ‘Copy’ means you are requesting a scan.
- Needed before: The latest arrival date that the item will still be relevant to you.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Eagle ID/Library ID: Enter the same user name you use to log in to Blackboard (First four letters of your last name and last four digits of your campus wide ID number)
- Email address
- Submit the request. Jeanette or Jennifer will contact you with additional questions about the request or notify you when it becomes available.